MIMICO BAPTIST CHURCH
FRIDAY NIGHT CHILDREN’S MINISTRY COORDINATOR
The mandate of Mimico Baptist Church’s (MBC) Friday Night Children’s ministry is to support the discipleship of children (ages 0-11) within the community of MBC Mandarin Ministry. The purpose of the Friday Night Children’s Ministry Coordinator (FNCMC) is to implement the overall ministry mandate and to support a volunteer team to carry out this mandate.
The incumbent will receive work assignments from and report to a designated supervisor (e.g. Senior Pastor or Christian Education Council Representative (CE Council Rep)). The individual will be an integral part of a larger church staff team and will relate to other staff as required. The individual will support a Friday Night Children’s Ministry volunteer team. This is a part-time contract position requiring an average of four to five hours per week.
Ministry Team Responsibilities
- Establish curriculum and resources for the Friday night program (including younger and older kids groups).
- Support adult leaders to assist in the program implementation
- Locate additional resources to supplement ministry programs (e.g. spiritual growth, Bible study, parenting, personal and interpersonal growth, etc.)
Church Ministry Responsibilities
- Regularly meet with the CE Council Rep to discuss the direction and implementation of the program.
- Meet with MBC staff on a weekly basis (or as available).
- Deep commitment to Jesus Christ.
- Intermediate level of children’s program planning and implementation.
- Intermediate level administrative and professional, interpersonal, relational skills.
- Genuine love for people.
- Significant depth of Christian maturity, empathy and good judgement and strength in interpersonal skills.
- Recommended: Valid Standard First Aid training.
- Recommended: Proficient in Mandarin.
- Recommended: Valid Mental Health First Aid training.