Mimico Baptist Library opened in May 2000 as a fully functional lending library to its congregation and their friends. The librarian (Sharon Kettlewell) was born and raised as a Lakeshore resident, who loves to organize and read as well as write her own autobiographies. She also has a Facebook group called, “Did You Live in Mimico/New Toronto/Long Branch?”
What’s in the library?
Mimico Baptist Library has a large inventory of many books, CD’s and DVD’s, ranging from adult interests to children’s items. We cater especially to the Christian way of life. All the articles on the shelves all have a Christian based theme, whether it is fiction or non-fiction. To date we have over 2,000 items on our library shelves with a user base of about 35 people per year. The average amount of items borrowed per year is 400. We have
- books on Prayer, Family, Evangelism, History, Archeology, Holidays, Church Organizations and many others subjects
- fiction titles
- picture books to incite your child’s mind
- “Veggie Tales” and children’s DVDs to educate and entertain kids
- many DVDs for family viewing and movies & documentaries for 16+ to adults
- a variety of hymn & ‘praise and worship’ CDs including contemporary artists like Michael W. Smith, Steven Curtis Chapman, Avalon and Point of Grace.
How do I borrow items?
Borrowing is on a honourary basis.
- Sign the card at the back of the book with the date, your name and your phone number. This is important for the librarian.
- Place the filled in card /cards into the musically decorated box on the desk inside the library. Also in this box are pens and pencils for filling out the cards.
- Return all items the blue book bin within 3 weeks.
How can I donate to the library?
If you’d like to make a book or audio/visual donation please contact Sharon. If you would prefer to make a monetary donation, you may do so by including it in your church envelope. Please enter it on one of the blank lines specifying “Library” and fill in the amount. Alternatively, you may put your donation into one of the pew envelopes and specify “Library” on the envelope.